Wednesday 14 September 2011

Meeting E+E

I had a very productive meeting with E+E today. We met on neutral territory and I think we were all rather surprised that what had once been a large supermarket car park had become a small supermarket car park with a large building site on two sides. The supermarket itself, and the cafe, had also shrunk considerably thanks to all the interal building work currently being done.

I arrived a few minutes early and saw E+E "lurking" near the entrance to the cafe. It was curious because I felt I already knew them quite well. I suppose you cannot read over 150 pages of the life history of two people without feeling like this.

I now have no doubt that E+E are 100% committed to seeing this project through to publication. They feel, and I agree, that former foster children and former Childrens' Home children are an ignored and invisible minority that for too long have been under the radar.

I am really looking forward to working with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment