Wednesday 31 December 2014

New year resolutions with a difference!

New year resolutions with a difference - 5 things I am not going to do!
  1. I am not going to be sucked, or indeed suckered, into writing another astronomy book. 
  2. I am not to be persuaded to restart posting cemetery related material to the less active Facebook groups - especially by people who plainly feel that it is my job or my duty to do so.
  3. I am not going to take on a second school governor role however much the Local Authority would like me to do so.
  4. I am never going to find the energy or the time to scan my entire collection of South African postcards. This is a unique archive that I predict will just be thrown away by my nearest and dearest once I have died. The sad truth is that almost nobody in the UK or in South Africa seems to be interested in South African social history.
  5. I will never watch the entire boxed set of the X Files for a third time. I have watched the nine series of the X files from start to finish twice - enjoying it even more the second time than the first but a third attempt would not be best use of my time.


3 things I am going to do!
  1. I have been asked and I have agreed to ghost write a second book.
  2. I will continue to support the three young people who have become such an important part of my weekly routine.
  3. Over the last few months I have been looking for a new publishing project to keep me out of mischief. I have looked at a number of ideas and I had nearly decided on an old newspaper related blog and/or book. Then quite suddenly an alternative project popped into my mind. It is nothing like anything I have ever done before but in a strange way it is also quite closely linked to a number of my current interests. I'm not going to reveal any details for a while because I would like to check that the idea is as exciting and as novel in three months time as it seems to be at the moment.
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment